In addition to just protecting your clothing from dust and environmental stress, the closet doors of your modular home serve a variety of other purposes. A good example is that they can also make part of your home’s bedroom décor when chose wisely. Depending on the construction and design, lockable doors can also keep your closet items out of reach and secure from unauthorized persons. Some modular home closet doors also serve the purpose of a dressing table, meaning that the owner doesn’t have to have additional furniture such as a dressing table. In other words, it’s a matter of décor, security, comfort, and convenience.
However, modular home closet doors are available in a wide range of varieties, especially when it comes to replacements and home improvement projects. But what are some of the important things to consider when buying these doors? Below are some crucial things that modular homeowners may look at when choosing closet doors.
When looking to improve your modular home’s bedroom décor by changing or upgrading your closet doors, you will want to take the measurements. Otherwise, a door that doesn’t fit well would be a total mess. In other words, size is a crucial factor that needs to be considered. You only need a carpenters’ tape measure to take the measurements in feet or inches before heading to your purchase and you’re good to go.
Look and Finish
Also, when selecting closet doors, you would want to choose doors that are easy to clean and maintain. No one wants a piece of furniture that gets stained, tarnished, or faded easily. Since they’ll also be part of your interior décor, it is also important that the doors you buy to match with the rest of the closet or even the room in terms of color and finish.
Modular home closets can take a wide array of designs, meaning that there is also a huge variety of doors based on design. However, there some of the most common closet door types include the following based on their operation:
• Bypass Doors: To allow opening and closing, by-pass doors are light, sliding doors that slide past one another on tracks to allow access. Opening and closing are through sliding one or both the doors. These can be an excellent option where space-saving is needed since they do not open out or in the closet.
• Pocket Doors: A pocket door is also a space-saving option, where the need to swing the door when opening or closing is eliminated. The door slides through tracks into and out of a space within the wall during opening and closing.
• Bi-Fold Doors: Bi-fold doors can fold from either of the two sides of the closet to allow full access. The door’s edge usually has a pivot and the midpoint has a hinge. They are also great options where space needs to be saved in a modular home bedroom.
This is the other highly important factor to consider when choosing a modular home closet door. These can be found in materials such as plastic, wood, vinyl, metal, hardwood, and masonite. It all depends on the homeowner’s preferences as well as the rest of the interior structure. If you need something that will stand the test of time more, then a metal door can be a perfect choice. However, you may have to get one whose finishing resembles the rest of the closet. However, vinyl, metal, and wooden options are the most popular.
In addition to the above, you would also have to consider your budget, as well as other factors such as brand, reputation, and such. Some closet doors also come with additional features such as mirrors. The best thing is to do your research ahead and buy modular home closet doors from a reputable vendor that has some credible experience in the industry and is cost-considerate. Be sure to get these parts from trusted sources and consider working with a professional for installation to get the best out of the product you choose.
6 Best Closet Doors
Kimberly Closet Door with strong Pine bi-fold gates, add the unique simplicity and warmth of wood to your space. The broad louvers plantation and double ceiling boards offer a contemporary, smooth design to the gates. With the included equipment and paths, the gates are sturdy and simple to mount. The gates are robust, strong pine and simple to assemble including equipment. Our bi-fold doors are pre-stained in Nutmeg. The high-quality vertical grain delivers the best appearance and performance.
- Net size is 78-3/4 in. high x 35-11/16 in. wide x 1 inch thick
- Opening including track of 80 in. x 36 in. wide for one door and 72 in. wide for two doors
- Wood from environment-friendly sustained yield forest
- 1.125 in. open louver slats and double hip panels
- Hardware included.
Home Fashion Closet Doors constructed of radiata pine wood, no mixed woods 3 styles: Louver or Panel and 6-Panel FSC certified, from sustainable forests, 100% recyclable Easy to install Track, matching doorknob and hardware included, no other hardware is required to install Opens left or right, can mount to left or right door jamb Height can be adjusted up to 3/4 in. using the hardware provided Custom sizes not available For 56 in. wide opening, use two (2) 28 in. units
Sure Basics Sliding Door you’re doing the most significant work-creating and maintaining your kid healthy and glad for our Sure Basics Sliding Glass Door & Window Latch, we want to create your work simpler. Our safety locks are designed to stick to almost any surface with strong ABS plastic and 3 M adhesion. Do you have a curious child that enjoys exploring? Do they love to wander outside into your yard, or open windows and sliding closet doors? Do not fear, in this, you are not alone. Join the club of smart parents, and baby-proof each room in your home with our Sure Basics Child Safely Locks.
- Item Weight:0.64 ounces
- Product Dimensions:29.5 x 19.7 x 0.2 inches
- Childproof Your Home with No Screws or Drills
- The screen door lock rests against the overlapping door
- Pull with your finger to lock, lift and press down flat again to unlock
- Simply peel 3M tape backing and install the sliding glass door lock in minutes without tools or drilling.
Babyproof your double gates with our Safety Innovations Door Lock. To avoid them from closing, this childproofing lock includes the hinged region of two-fold gates. The door lock rests on the top edge of the door and slides back and forth over the hinged area to lock and unlock your bi-fold door. The Safety Innovations Door Lock comes with a special insert to adjust for all popular door sizes. This safety door lock comes with an easy-grip extension wand that attaches to the lock and allows shorter adults to operate the lock. It’s made from clear, unbreakable polycarbonate so it’s attractive, super strong and fits securely.
- Fits doors from 1 1/8″ – 1 3/8″ thick
- Inside dimension measures 1 3/8″ wide
- Item exterior dimensions measure 7″ long x 1 5/8″ wide x 1 3/4″ high
- Works to childproof, and also to pet-proof, puppy proof, cat-proof your bi-fold doors
Use our strong Louver-Louver Door to add the heat of timber to your house. The broad louvers provide the gates with a smooth, contemporary design complementing any design. The gates are long-lasting, strong pine and simple to mount. Our gates in the plantation are blank and can be colored following your design. The gates are built from strong pine trees that are environmentally friendly, sustainable yield. The high-quality vertical grain delivers the best appearance and performance.
- Wide 2 in. open louver slats allow ventilation
- These are door slabs (not pre-hung) with no boreholes.
- Primed White
- Wood from environment friendly sustained yield forest
- Hardware not included
These Stamped Steel Mortise Cup Pulls are built to be used on by-passing Closet Door Systems. A similar construction is used for by-passing Sliding Panel Doors For Closets And Furniture. 4 Various colors are available for your option. Your user feedback is our Guideline. If you have some questions, give us an e-mail and we will be contacting you within 24 hours. If you’re not fully happy, just give them off for a Fresh package or maximum refund! No questions! No questions answered.
- Material: steel.
- Color Name: Satin Nickle.
- Weight:0.64 ounces.
- Product Dimensions:2.5 x 2.5 x 0.4 inches.