Trees make a home look and feel homier. They provide us with shades to relax when the sun is scorching hot and purify the air around us. Trees are also beneficial for the plants underneath. They offer a habitat for birds and other important creatures such as bees that pollinate our gardens. In fact, the cutting down of trees is a major cause of global warming and other environmental monsters of today. When beautifully cultivated, trees can add immense value to your property. Without mentioning dozens of other benefits, trees also attract rain.
However, trees need regular trimming to ensure the following:
• To make them aesthetically appealing
• To prevent them from causing the destruction of property (e.g. roofing)
• To remove broken hanging branches that can be a safety hazard
• To reduce bushes that can harbor or attract certain pests
• To make way for utility lines and construction works
• And other reasons
This is where tree trimmers come into play.
Tree trimming has never been easier, thanks to electric tree trimmers. With technological advancements, it’s now possible to trim tree branches without having to climb a tree. This is because there are now pole tree trimmers. You simply attach a long pole that’s either fixed or adjustable. This has proved to be a safer option for trimming tree branches that are high and hard to reach. Here are some important pointers on electric tree trimmers, types, their benefits, and how to choose a good one.
Benefits of Electric Tree Trimmers
• Pruning is among the maintenance activities one cannot ignore especially if there are shrubs around your home. Just as long as you have the right tools and protective gear, it’s an enjoyable activity.
• With an electric saw, it’s easy to cut branches that are hard, tough and thick for a hand pruner.
• With the new pole trimmers, it’s now easy to get into the thick bushy parts of the tree that were hard to get to.
• The pole electric saves you the trouble of resetting the ladder frequently. This is because your feet are firmly set on the ground and you also have a clear view when trimming.
How to Choose a Good Electric Tree Trimmer
There are various types of electric tree trimmers. They also come in a variety of sizes, brands, and designs. It’s also important to consider the weight, noise level, and frequency of use before choosing an electric-powered tree trimmer. Here are the things to consider in more detail.
1. Consider the Type
There are several types of electric tree trimmers. They fall under the category of electric corded and the electric cordless.
Electric Corded: This type of tree trimmer has a motor with a cord that connects to an electric outlet. Depending on the brand and use, the motor size may vary. To increase the reach of the trimmer, one may use an electric extension cord.
Electric Cordless: These are tree trimmers that will take in rechargeable batteries as sources of power. They are ideal for trimming jobs that are beyond the reach of an electric extension, or where there’s no electricity. With a fully charged battery, a cordless electric trimmer will perform just as an electric corded trimmer.
Trimming is a taxing job and therefore require a tool that is light. For most of the time, you will have to support the equipment and still guide it through the thick leaves. After holding even a 5-pound object out from your body for a considerable amount of time, it starts to feel heavy. The best weight for an electric tree trimmer is 10-14pounds.
3. Frequency of Use
How often will you have to prune and trim your backyard? If it on a regular basis, you need an equipment that will handle the frequent uses. Also, how much of pruning does your homestead or backyard require, should guide you to choosing the right equipment. It’s important to consult with your dealer before making the purchase.
One of the main advantages of having an electric tree trimmer over a gas-powered one is that apart from sharpening the saw, which is not on a regular basis, there’s really no maintenance that’s associated with an electrically powered trimmer.
To help with sprucing up your backyard, an electric tree trimmer can be the best option you’ll find. They are as powerful as the gas powered trimmers. They are also safe and easy to use.
Electric Tree Trimmers – Recommendations
1: WORX 10-Inch Electric Pole Saw
• Buy From: Amazon
• Price: $80.83
• Link: https://is.gd/WcQ9zo
2: Remington 10-inch Electric Pole Saw
• Buy From: Ace Hardware
• Price: $99.99
• Link: https://is.gd/GdcCOZ